Thursday, October 4, 2012

lunch buddies.

My lunch buddy, K'niyah
Every time I walk into the school that most of our kids go to, I feel like a rock star. They don't expect to see us at school, so when they do they get excited. Everywhere I turn there is another kid saying "Miss Sara, Miss Sara!!" and asking for a hug. I can't even put into words how much I love these kids and how much they mean to me. It warms my heart that they are so happy to see all of us who work at Cottage Cove. Anyways, the reason for our visit to the school this week was for Lunch Buddies. Lunch Buddies is a program that allows us to go to the school and eat lunch with one of our kids twice a month. This was our first week, and I absolutely loved it. Having 50 kids in our building everyday, its hard to just get one-on-one time with them. Being lunch buddies gives us a chance to have some time to just be with them without being interrupted by a dozen other kids.  So the fact that I get to go eat lunch and hang out with sweet girl is such a blessing. We talked about her family, her friends in her class, and bible study. I tried, and failed, to get her to eat vegetables. At the end of her lunch time she gave me a hug and said, "Miss Sara, I want you to come eat lunch with me everyday." This was definitely the highlight of my week. I'm already looking forward to next Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. aw yay! so glad you enjoyed it! i can't wait to get back and hear all about it! love you

    ReplyDelete