Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Day at the Farm

A few weeks ago we took a few of our kids on a field trip to Ring Farm, and we just had the best time. All of the adults were responsible for a few kids throughout the day, and I had so much fun with my girls. They were so well behaved and had great attitudes the entire time. They spent most of the day making up songs about how much fun they were having and how much they love Cottage Cove. It melted my heart. 

We started off with a little school session. The kids learned about how corn and cotton grow, and even got to walk through a cotton patch and pick a cotton flower to take home. They also learned about miking cows, and had the chance to practice on a cardboard cow.

Makala and Brionna with their cotton flowers.
Sweet K'niyah learning how to milk a cow.

Next up was a hayride through the woods. I think this was my favorite part of the day. The girls spent the entire time laughing, singing songs, and making up silly chants. The destination of our hayride was a pumpkin patch, and everyone got to pick one to take home.

Singing on the hayride.


After the hayride we had a few hours to roam around the farm. We got lost in a corn maze, played on some gigantic slides, and climbed around on a tower of tires. They had glow sticks for sale, and a few of the kids bought some for themselves, and all of their friends. It warmed my heart that they were so willing to spend their money on their friends to they wouldn't feel left out.


Our girls. They called themselves "Team Go Fish" all day.

Girls with pink glow sticks.


I had more fun with the kiddies that day than I have in a long time. I always love it when we get to spend uninterrupted time with them and just show them love. We have some of the coolest kids at Cottage Cove and I'm so happy that I have the chance to get to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment